Thursday, September 24, 2015

MONTH ONE

Honestly and truthfully, this is basically what the first month of Paul's life looked like:

I mainly have pictures of Matthew and Paul sleeping, but I definitely slept too. Not enough to feel human most of the time, but, ya know, occasionally I caught an hour or two haha.

My favorite story from this first month occurred just a few days after Paul was born. Let me preface the story by saying, Paul was born on a Friday and we checked out of the hospital on Sunday evening. My mom and sister left early Monday morning so Matthew, Paul, and I were on our own. 
That being said, I have A L W A Y S needed 8 hours of sleep a night. I am a terror without it. Well, I obviously wasn't getting anywhere close to 8 hours of sleep a night after Paul was born. I think I averaged three. 

Okay, favorite story: Matthew and I were sitting on the couch (I was holding an adorable sleeping Paul in my lap) SOOO exhausted and sleep deprived and I started to cry (I pretty much cried at the same time every night for two weeks. Sleep deprivation combined with a little baby blues, I think) Anyways, Matthew saw me getting weepy and started to tear up just a little bit. Then he made this cry-wheeze sound that neither of us had ever heard before in our lives and we both exploded into hysterical crying laughter that we couldn't stop for a good five minutes. 

 Man, good times. Welcome to parenthood!! 

The above picture was from Paul's first at-home bath. I think he was three days old. 
Paul was (and continues to be) just a sweet baby. He loved to be cuddled and to sleep on your chest. 
He was suuuuuuuper long and skinny! 


Matthew and Paul on our first family walk. Also, aren't baby yawns just the cutest?!

When Paul was exactly one month old, he was blessed at church. This is my favorite photo from the event. My sister's adorable family with my own cute family. 

Shortly after his "one monthiversary," we moved from ID to AR. Wowza! 
So, Paul has been through Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and has visited grandparents in Montana! 


He was a fantastic traveler. He slept basically the entire time. Plus, look at those kissable lips. Ah! I love him. 






During our drive we spent the night at my grandparents house in Kansas. Paul got to meet his Great Grandpa Dale Maxwell (his namesake). It was adorable. I love my grandparents and it was so fun that they got to see Paul when he was just a tiny tiny baby! Now, we can't wait to revisit at Thanksgiving time! 


Paul was 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 in long at one month old. And totally adorable. Look at that belly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment